Administration and Staff
- Rabbi Yaakov Moshe HarrisDean and Rosh YeshivalnView full profileXRabbi Yaakov Moshe HarrisDean and Rosh Yeshivaln
- Rabbi Dovid MandelDean and Rosh YeshivaView full profileXRabbi Dovid MandelDean and Rosh Yeshiva
- Mr. Harold C. CorrinDirector of Secular StudiesView full profileXMr. Harold C. CorrinDirector of Secular Studies
Harold C. Corrin, B.A., Dip.Ed., M.A., M.Litt., has been the Secular Director and Principal of Ottawa Torah Institute since 2002. He was born in the Isle of Man in the British Isles, and was educated in England, Wales, and Canada. He attended King George V School in Southport, England, and the Universities of Wales, Oxford, Ottawa and Queen’s. For 30 years, he worked in the Carleton Board of Education, Ottawa-Nepean as an English teacher, department head, administrator and senior examiner.
- Rabbi Yosef ShapsJudaics StaffView full profileXRabbi Yosef ShapsJudaics Staff
- Mr. Larry PetersHead of English StudiesView full profileXMr. Larry PetersHead of English Studies
Mr. Peters taught English at the prestigious Lisgar Collegiate Institute for 28 years. He came to OTI 9 years ago and brings his scholarly erudition and love of language to our English department.
- Mr. Martin SamuelsHead of French StudiesView full profileXMr. Martin SamuelsHead of French Studies
Mr. Samuels (Honours BA and MA in French Literature from Carleton University) is in his fifteenth year as the French Teacher at OTI. He came to the school after retiring from the Bank of Canada, where he taught both French and English to Bank employees, before being the Central Bank’s Advisor on Official Languages’ Policy for over 20 years. His areas of expertise include French literature and art.
- Mr. Jon BraunDirector of Phys. Ed.View full profileXMr. Jon BraunDirector of Phys. Ed.
Mr. Braun runs the widely acclaimed and highly successful Athletics Department at the Soloway Jewish Community Centre of Ottawa. Well known for his empowering coaching style and demanding intensity, his students and athletes always come back for more.
- Mr. Michael BeallHead of Science StudiesView full profileXMr. Michael BeallHead of Science Studies